The Baix Emporda Mountain Bike network has literally hundreds of kilometres of trails that range from stunning forest trails through to blistering single track which, at times, requires high levels of technical skill to ride.
The highest peaks in the riding area are approximately 500m and are situated in very hilly terrain, making this perfect mountain biking territory. The more challenging rides accumulate up to and over 1000m of ascents.
Some of the highlights of the routes:
- The 1000 year old hamlet of Romanya de la Selva.
- The remains of the castle used as a lookout post during the Civil War.
- The stunning lookout of ‘Pedralta’ – the balancing rock with views to the Pyrenees and the coast.
- The lookout of ‘Puig d’Arques’ to soak up the amazing views of the pine and cork forests of the ‘Les Gavarres’ protected area sweeping down to the sea.
- The 1000 year old chapel of ‘San Miquel’ with stunning views over Girona and the foothill of the Pyrenees.
MIAS Mountain Bike Instructor courses
On request, we can arrange Mountain Bike Instructor courses led by a fully qualified MIAS Mountain Bike Instructor. These courses are a fantastic way to improve your mountain bike skills to handle pretty much anything the trails will throw at you. Please enquire about these courses and we will be more than happy to arrange a course just for you or your group.